Time is such a precious commodity, and this month I’m really spread thin, so blog posting will stay relatively dry. However, I am working on some interesting stuff.
1. I am taking a software engineering class and have been chosen as an assistant Project Manager. There is a team of 18 student developers as well as myself and the Project Manager. We are tasked with re-engineering a web-based software life cycle project management tool. The main goal of the re-engineering is to ensure that it conforms to the MVC (Model – View – Controller) standard. At this point we are redesigning the architecture of the database so that it is a truly normalized, relational database. We will be using a PHP framework called Yii so we can auto-generate the basic (CRUD) front end code and Yii is automatically an MVC compliant framework. What makes this project challenging is that we need it to be flexible enough to accomodate various software life cycles (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, iterative, etc.) and it also needs to be recursive so that multiple iterations of an entire project, or multiple iterations of just a subset of phases of a project can be reflected. So, basically I have a lot on my plate with just this stuff.
2. I’m also taking an Expository Writing class and am working on a Term Paper detailing research work done in the field of BCI (Brain Computer Interfaces), which is at least peripherally related to some of the content I usually post about on this blog. At some point I think it would be really interesting to work on a brainwave controlled or BioFeedback based music interface (as suggested by my music technology professor at Cal State). When I can find the time, of course.
3. My friend Steve, creator of the BeatSeqr, has kindly loaned me one of his BeatSeqr’s. And I am trying to document and demonstrate it working in a Windows environment.
4. I just wrapped up another Remix competition. I didn’t win, but I believe the tune represents my best effort to date in terms of overall production quality. Here’s the track:
Lank & Inkfish feat. Yota – “Let It Roll” (Mojo Remix) by DJMojo
I am in the process of trying to finish another remix piece by the end of the month, and of course, I will continue to work on remix competitions as there are some really interesting ones on my radar coming up.
5. I am still trying to flesh out my oldskool techno wiki…
So, got a pretty full plate at the moment… and that’s not even mentioning anything about my day job.